qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] peripheral/register/bitfield objects - new MCU mo

From: Liviu Ionescu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] peripheral/register/bitfield objects - new MCU model
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:47:57 +0300

> On 08 Jul 2015, at 23:22, Peter Crosthwaite <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> ... an RFC on list for something very similar, if you want to weigh
> in or find it useful, let me know!

yes, if you are not in a hurry to commit your patches, I guess together we can
find a suitable solution.

as already mentioned, my goal is to automate as much as possible the MCU
definition.

for example, in addition to the bitfield definitions that will be generated
from the svd files, I identified and implemented bitfields that are
automatically updated when other bitfields change, like READY bits
automatically following ENABLE bits.

this is implemented with some bitfield properties, like:

        cm_object_property_set_str(state->f1.cr.pllrdy, "pllon", "follows");

or

        cm_object_property_set_str(state->f1.cir.lsirdyf, "lsirdyc",
                    "cleared-by");

such definitions greatly simplify the post-write callbacks.

regards,

Liviu