qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] crash using qemu-aarch64-softmmu

From: Pranith Kumar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] crash using qemu-aarch64-softmmu
Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 17:19:55 -0400

On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:28 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
Googling suggests "qsim" is "a project which aims, as part of the
Manifold simulation effort at Georgia Tech, to create a thread safe
multicore emulation library based on the QEMU emulator".

My immediate guess is that this is buggy and you're causing
QEMU to corrupt some of its data structures by updating
and/or using them from multiple threads at once.

Can you reproduce the problem with a stock upstream QEMU?

The qsim changes AFAIU are not causing this. But I understand the apprehension that might be. I will try to reproduce this with an upstream virgin QEMU.

Thanks!

--
Pranith