qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Virt machine memory map

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Virt machine memory map
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2015 09:52:09 +0300

 Hello!

> > I think the theory we discussed at the time of putting in the PCIe
> > device was that if we wanted this we'd add support for the other
> > PCIe memory window (which would then live at somewhere above 4GB).
> > Alex, can you remember what the idea was?
>
> Yes, pretty much. It would give us an upper bound to the amount of RAM
> that we're able to support, but at least we would be able to support big
> MMIO regions like for ivshmem.

 But i currently think that specification of "Generic PCI host" assumes only a
single MMIO region + single PIO region + single ECAM. And we cannot have two
MMIO regions without changing its specification, which can be problematic. Am i
wrong about this ?

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia