qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration hangs after migration to remote host

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration hangs after migration to remote host
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 16:19:46 +0100

* Eduardo Otubo (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm facing a weird behavior on my tests: I am able to live migrate
> between two virtual machines on my localhost, but not to another
> machine, both using tcp.
>
> * I am using the same arguments on the command line;
> * Both virtual machines uses the same qcow2 file visible through NFS;
> * Both machines are in the same subnet;
> * Migration is being done from intel to intel;
> * Same version of Qemu (github master - f8787f8723);
>
> Using all above I am able to live migrate on the same host: between two
> vms on local host or between two vms in the remote host; but when
> migrating from local to remote, the guest hangs. I still can access its
> console via ctrl+alt+2, though, and everything seems to be normal. If I
> issue a reboote via console on the remote, the guest gets back to
> normal.
>
> Am I missing something here?

Just checking, but are you saying that as far as qemu is concerned, the
migration
is happy, it's just the guest that's hung?

Are the host clocks on the two hosts very close (there are lots of
weird corner cases with mismatched clocks) - same time zone?

Are you using cache=none (given that it's NFS shared)

Dave