qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] simulate SMI in Qemu

From: Yu-Cheng Liu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] simulate SMI in Qemu
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:16:42 +0800

hello,
Does QEMU support SMI/SMM implementation?  I use Qemu and coreboot to trace the procedure of the SMI/SMM ,the program return  in SMM initial function ,the reason is the value return from "pci_read_word" ,the function always return 0, whatever the address I give.

I want to simulate the board by qemu and use coreboot as BIOS,then trigger SMI by post value to b2h port ,Is that my idea can work ? or I  need to  burn coreboot.rom in real motherboard?

If anyone have experience please share to me ~
thanks~