qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] help

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] help
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:04:36 +0100

On Thu, Jul 30, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Serigne Baytir DIENG
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I am new into this qemu, but i have a pretty good understanding of how it
> works. What i am trying to do is to attach a new pci device into the virtio
> pci bus. I don't know much what files need to be changed or how could i
> achieved that.

I don't understand what you are trying to do.  Do you want to
implement a new type of virtio device?

That is largely independent of PCI, although you'll probably want to
hook up the new device following the same pattern as the others in
hw/virtio/virtio-pci.c.

Take a look at the existing virtio device types (blk, net, scsi, rng,
9p, etc) for examples of how to do it.

Stefan