qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Consult] tilegx: About floating point instructions

From: Chen Gang
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] tilegx: About floating point instructions
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2015 17:47:41 +0800

Hello All:

I am just adding floating point instructions (e.g. fsingle_add1), but
for me, I can not find any details about them (the ISA documents only
give a summary description, but not details), e.g.

  fsingle_add1

  Floating Point Single Precision Add Part 1

  Syntax
         fsingle_add1 Dest, SrcA, SrcB

  Example
         fsingle_add1 r5, r6, r7

  Description

  Performs the first part of a floating point single precision add. This
  instruction also sets the floating point comparison flags in the
  destination register (see Table 7-2 on page 135).

  Functional Description

        rf[Dest] = fsingle_addsub1 (rf[SrcA], rf[SrcB], false);

  (there is no additional information for fsingle_addsub1, and Table 7-2
  will set 'Dest', is 'Dest' only for the comparison flags?).

At present, for me, the only way for finding the related details are gcc
source. But I am just testing gcc (when testing gcc, I found I have to
implement floating point instructions), so it is not a quite well way.

Welcome any additional information, ideas or suggestions.

(By the way, I have implemented 'iret' instruction, for me, we can just
skip it for linux user. Also welcome any additional ideas, suggestions,
and completions for it).

Thanks.
--
Chen Gang

Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed