qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Summit 2015 agenda

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Summit 2015 agenda
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 16:40:28 +0100

On 4 August 2015 at 16:18, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> QEMU Summit is an invite-only meeting of core QEMU community folks,
> co-located with KVM Forum in Seattle, Washington on August 18th 2015.
>
> Meeting notes are published after the meeting and agenda points can be
> discussed by anyone beforehand.  I don't host QEMU Summit, but I'd
> like to propose points for the agenda, so I'm sending out this email
> now (before I forget them).

Thanks :-) This was on my todo list but I hadn't got to it yet...

>  * QEMU has become a Software Freedom Conservancy project
>   * Background: http://qemu-project.org/Conservancy
>   * Anticipated project expenses (e.g. domain names, conference travel)
>   * Sources of funding (GSoC mentor stipends and possibly donations)
>   * Moving project assets from private volunteers to SFC for safekeeping
>
>  * Project wiki and git hosting
>   * Need volunteer to manage server (updates, backups, outage resolution)
>   * Can we simplify by self-hosting GitLab or another all-in-one
> project hosting suite?
>
>  * Continuous integration
>   * Transition from buildbot to patchew

Other items (from me and others):

 * Security -- can we improve on our current process?
 * Stable releases -- can we produce new stable point releases
   with security fixes in?
 * Can we as a project do more to advertise the features
   and improvements we make?

thanks
-- PMM