qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] tilegx: About floating point instructions

From: Chen Gang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Consult] tilegx: About floating point instructions
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2015 09:10:59 +0800

On 8/9/15 01:23, Chen Gang wrote:
> Hello all:
>
> Below is my current idea for all floating point insns. For me, it is not
> the precise implementation, even not completely implement -- assume pack
> insns can only for packing (u)int32_t when they are used individually:
>
>   fsingle_add1        ; return calc flags, save calc result to env.
>
>   fsingle_sub1        ; return calc flags, save calc result to env.
>
>   fsingle_addsub2     ; set "has result" flag.
>
>   fsingle_mul1        ; skip return value, save calc result to env.
>                         set "has result" flag.
>
>   fsingle_mul2        ; skipped.
>

>   fsingle_pack1       ; skipped.
>
>   fsingle_pack1       ; if "has result"
>                             reset "has result" flag.
>                             return calc result from env.
>                         else
>                             pack srca
>                             reference from tilegx.md: float(uns)sisf2.
>                             get (u)int32_t a, then (u)int32_to_float32.

For "pack srca and srcb", the related demo like below (srca and srcb
are uint64_t):

    switch (srca & 0x3ff) {

    /* treat it as uint32_t */
    case 0x9e:
        return uint32_to_float32(srca >> 32, &FP_STATUS);

    /* treat it as int32_t, must be negative number */
    case 0x29e:
        return int32_to_float32(srca >> 32 | 0x80000000, &FP_STATUS);

    default:
        unimplemented (gen_exception).
    }

>   fdouble_unpack_max: ; skipped.
>
>   fdouble_unpack_min: ; skipped.
>
>   fdouble_add_flags:  ; return calc flags, save calc result to env.
>
>   fdouble_sub_flags:  ; return calc flags, save calc result to env.
>
>   fdouble_addsub:     ; set "has result" flag.
>
>   fdouble_mul_flags:  ; skip return flags, save calc result to env.
>                         set "has result" flag.
>
>   fdouble_pack1:      ; if "has result"
>                             reset "has result" flag.
>                             return calc result from env.
>                         else
>                             pack srca and srcb.
>                             reference from tilegx.md: float(uns)sidf2.
>                             get (u)int32_t a, then (u)int32_to_float64.

For "pack srca and srcb", the related demo like below (srca and srcb
are uint64_t):

    switch (srcb & 0xffff) {

    /* treat it as uint32_t */
    case 0x21b00:
        return uint32_to_float64(srca >> 4, &FP_STATUS);

    /* treat it as int32_t, must be negative number */
    case 0xa1b00:
        return int32_to_float64(srca >> 4 | 0x80000000, &FP_STATUS);

--
Chen Gang

Open, share, and attitude like air, water, and life which God blessed