qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.4.0 is now available

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.4.0 is now available
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:25:54 +0100

On 11 August 2015 at 22:17, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
> On behalf of the QEMU Team, I'd like to announce the availability of
> the QEMU 2.4.0 release. This release contains 1900+ commits from 182
> authors.
>
>   http://wiki.qemu.org/download/qemu-2.4.0.tar.bz2

Thanks!

I've reopened the trunk for general development.
VERSION says our next release is going to be "2.5", but
that's just by default. If we have a good reason for
calling the next release "3.0" we can do that...
(Otherwise I suspect I'll go for 3.0 as the next one
after 2.9.)

Post-mortem type stuff:

There was at least one patch I would have put into 2.4
but I didn't spot it on the list when I was looking around
for things to put in before tagging rc4. It would be helpful
to me I think if we had a single list of "(potentially)
release critical issues". I'm thinking just a bulleted
list on the wiki Planning page for the release, which
people can add things to and annotate to indicate if
there's a patch on list, if the patch is in somebody's
tree for a pending pullreq, etc.
(Yes, this is arguably a cheesy substitute for our
not using a bug tracking system we could tag bugs as
rc-worthy in...but I think it should be workable and
fairly low-effort.)

thanks
-- PMM