qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Reset register configuration in embedde device

From: mar.krzeminski
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Reset register configuration in embedde device
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2015 22:16:18 +0200

Hello,

I am new here, so sorry for dummy question...

The problem:
I have an embedded arm board simulation, I want to add a device simulating quite complicated reset cause logic. This logic is used in boot process. The goal is to have possibility to set proper register values before virtual machine start to boot.

My ideas:
a) Create a file that will be read by device, and will be passed by command line and device property.
b) Use qemu monitor if possible.

Questions:
a) Is there a framework in qemu that I can use for that?
b) If not is there an idea how should be done so someone else can use this functionality?
c) Is it possible to use qemu monitor for this?
d) Maybe there is a device that have similar functionality?

Best regards,
Marcin