qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] SMP and qemu scheduler, HELP

From: françois Guerret
Subject: [Qemu-devel] SMP and qemu scheduler, HELP
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2015 12:03:43 +0200

Hello,

I use qemu to emulate a SMP multicore processor and I am looking for a way :
 * either to ask qemu scheduler to execute an other core. For that I need a kind of
    *yield()* syscall that I could insert into user code and which would be catched by
      QEMU scheduler.
 * or to give an option to QEMU to control the sheduling period. I would like to be
     able to tell qemu that I need every core to be executed at least every 1 ms
     (in icount time mode) for instance.

Do you know if such features exist in QEMU or if one of them is going to be
implemented soon?

Thank you very much in advance.

Francois