qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP and qemu scheduler, HELP

From: françois Guerret
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] SMP and qemu scheduler, HELP
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 11:29:47 +0200

Hello,

Thanks for your concern.

I want to execute a realtime software which executes periodically the same loop.
On multicore target, I set one periodic loop per core.

I need the time to be synchronized between the cores at least with the granularity of a loop period.
For instance I want to prevent core 0 to execute three time its loop while core 1 executes its own once.

Moreover I want to use *time* (icount time) to synchornize the loops (hence a barrier using an active waiting
is definitly not a good solution). Indeed I need the icount time necessary to execute the loop to be more or less constant.

I hope these explanations will enable you to help me.

Thanks in advance

Francois