qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG next version?

From: Mark Burton
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG next version?
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 14:21:14 +0200

Just to remind everybody as well - we’ll have a call next Monday to co-ordinate.
It would be good to make sure everybody knows which bit of this everybody else
is committing to do, so we avoid replication and treading on each others patch
sets.

Cheers

Mark.

> On 26 Aug 2015, at 14:18, Frederic Konrad <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm trying to do the next version of the MTTCG work:
>
> I would like to rebase on Alvise atomic instruction branch:
>  - Alvise can you rebase it on the 2.4.0 version without MTTCG support and
> then
>    point me to the MTTCG specific changes so I can include them in my tree?
> I will add Paolo's linux-user and signal free qemu_cpu_kick series as well.
>
> About tb_flush we think to do that without exiting:
>  - Use two buffers for tbs.
>  - Use a per tb invalidated flag.
>  - when tb_flush just invalidate all tb from the buffer and swap to the
> second buffer:
>    VCPU which are executing code will discard their tb_jmp_cache when they
> exit
>    (eg: run_on_cpu).
>
> We need also to fix emulated data barrier so tlb_flush are finished before the
> instruction is executed. (That might be only data barrier breaks the TB).
>
> Protecting page->code_bitmap and cpu_breakpoint_insert changes will be
> squashed in the tb_lock patch.
>
> More tests must be done especially with gdbstub and icount.
>
> Do that make sense?
> Fred

         +44 (0)20 7100 3485 x 210
 +33 (0)5 33 52 01 77x 210