qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian 7.8.0 SPARC64 on qemu - anything i can do to spe

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Debian 7.8.0 SPARC64 on qemu - anything i can do to speedup the emulation?
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2015 08:04:58 -0700

On 08/26/2015 10:54 PM, Dennis Luehring wrote:
Am 26.08.2015 um 21:47 schrieb Richard Henderson:
Anyway, this sort of setup is exactly what I did for Alpha.  The PALcode
(hypervisor-ish) layer used for qemu looks nothing like the PALcode layer used
for real hardware.

can post your qemu parameters for installing/starting your alpha emulation - i
want to do the same benchmarks on your
prefered :) platform but i just get PCI-Errors on boot

I use virtio for everything.

I've thought from time to time to improve the normal device emulation, just to make initial installs easier. In the meantime you'll probably have to build your own kernel with virtio built-in. I've attached a config file that I used once (it looks quite old, as if I've been failing to update it as kernel parameters change, but it should be good as a starting point).

I use gentoo, as one of the very few distros that still support alpha.

... or were you trying to use NetBSD?  I've never actually tried that.

r~