qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Creating snapshots with specific runtime options

From: Alberto Garcia
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Creating snapshots with specific runtime options
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 10:28:32 +0200

On Wed 26 Aug 2015 02:57:13 PM CEST, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:

>> In principle extending the QMP command sounds as simple as adding
>> 'options': 'BlockdevOptions' to 'blockdev-snapshot-sync', but it's
>> surely more complicated than that :) Is the 'BlockdevOptions' API
>> even stable?
>
> Some block drivers don't have BlockdevOptions support yet.
>
> I think that doesn't prevent us from passing BlockdevOptions to
> snapshot creation though.

Hmmm, I see however that there's overlap between blockdev-snapshot-sync
and BlockdevOptions.

You must indicate the target file in both. Format and node name are also
present in both (these are optional however)... we can of course check
that the values match and/or ignore some of them but that's horrible.

Berto