qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Minutes of QEMU Summit 2015 (2015-08-18, Seattle)

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Minutes of QEMU Summit 2015 (2015-08-18, Seattle)
Date: Sun, 06 Sep 2015 08:05:53 +0200

Am 04.09.2015 um 14:24 schrieb Peter Maydell:
> This is a brief writeup of what we discussed at the QEMU Summit 2015
> at KVM Forum last month.

Thanks a lot for this summary. It is very helpful for those who
could not attend the QEMU Summit.

[...]

> * Infrastructure Issues
>  * Wiki & git & ... hosting
>    We're currently hosted for free on OSL at OSU, but we need
>    somebody who is willing to do the system administration work
>    for the VM which runs our git, wiki, etc.
>    We need to find someone who wants to do the job.  It doesn't need to
>    be a lot of work, but there will be an initial setup cost.
>    Stefan will send an email to qemu-devel describing the things that
>    are needed and asking for a volunteer.

Part of that infrastructure is the FSF savannah server.
The FSF infrastructure is still used for our mailing lists.

http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/qemu/ needs
someone who updates the summary. There should be
a link to the official website at least, maybe also a
link to the QEMU article on Wikipedia which is more
up to date.

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/qemu.git was not updated
for 5 years. Should it be removed? I'd prefer to
have a QEMU git mirror there with automated update.

Just ask me if you need a volunteer who looks after
these issues.

[...]

> * Better documentation for new contributors
>  * Poor documentation of design/internals can be a barrier to
>    new contributors.
>  * We have improved here, but we have to improve more.
>  * Missing documentation includes how-to style information on tasks
>    like 'adding a new device' or 'new target frontend', etc.

Not so new contributors are also grateful for good
documentation. I'm still searching for best practice
documentation how pull requests can be done.

Regards
Stefan W.