qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Segfault using qemu-system-arm in smc91c111

From: Richard Purdie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Segfault using qemu-system-arm in smc91c111
Date: Mon, 07 Sep 2015 08:09:02 +0100

On Sun, 2015-09-06 at 17:48 -0700, Peter Crosthwaite wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Richard Purdie
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2015-09-06 at 11:37 -0700, Peter Crosthwaite wrote:
> > It seems can_receive isn't enough, we'd need to put some checks into
> > receive itself since once can_receive says "yes", multiple packets can
> > arrive to _receive without further checks of can_receive.
>
> This doesn't sound right. There are other network controllers that
> rely of can_receive catching all cases properly. Is this a regression?
> Looking at logs, I see some refactoring of QEMU net framework around
> June timeframe, if you rewind to QEMU 2.3 (or earlier) does the bug go
> away?

We weren't seeing this problem until we upgraded to 2.4.

> > I've either
> > messed up my previous test or been lucky.
> >
> > I tested an assert in _recieve() which confirms it can be called when
> > can_receive() says it isn't ready.
> >

> A backtrace of this would be handy.
>
> What is your replicator? I have core-image-minimal handy but it has no
> scp or sshd so all I can think of to stress network is wget, but that
> doesn't replicate.

I've been using a core-image-sato and using the "bitbake core-image-sato
-c testimage" which runs a set of tests against the target image. It
invariably crashes on the scp test when I put an assert in receive().

To make it simpler, if I just "runqemu qemuarm" to boot the
core-image-sato, then scp a 5MB file consisting of zeros into the image,
it hits the assert after around 2% transferred.

Cheers,

Richard