qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-1 related entry in 2.4 Changelog, please

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-1 related entry in 2.4 Changelog, please
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2015 10:30:53 +0300

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 06:47:55PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Our changelog for QEMU 2.4 (http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.4)
> currently has a line in it saying
>    " * FIXME: virtio 1"
>
> Could somebody familiar with the level of our virtio-1 support
> in 2.4 please fix this, before everybody forgets exactly what
> 2.4 did and didn't support?
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

I seem to have lost the wiki login/password.

        For virtio-pci, Virtio 1 mode can now be enabled by specifying
        disable-modern=false. To suppress the legacy interface and
        create a non-transitional device, specify disable-legacy=true
        additionally. All devices support this mode.

        This support is still experimental: it functions fine in normal
        usage and so should be appropriate for guest driver development, but
there
        are known issues around migration, guest out of memory handling, and
        performance.

        When used with virtio 1, virtio blk no longer supports scsi
        command passthrough. Please use virtio scsi instead.

--
MST