qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Aspirant for AMD IOMMU emulation project for Outreachy

From: David kiarie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Aspirant for AMD IOMMU emulation project for Outreachy
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 07:23:30 +0300

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:35 AM, Jan Kiszka <address@hidden> wrote:
> [thanks for forwarding, Peter]
>
> Hi Rita,
>
> On 2015-09-08 10:11, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On 7 September 2015 at 22:31, Rita Sinha <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hi Jan,
>>>
>>> I am interested in participating in next round of Outreachy program
>>> with AMD IOMMU emulation project.
>>>

>>> I have worked on BIOS projects which includes coreboot SeaBios etc and
>>> bootloaders like u-boot and grub. I have experience of working with
>>> qemu and feel that this project is the right match for my skillset.
>>> Kindly guide me how to go ahead with this.
>
> The particular AMD IOMMU project moved on since we listed it. I'm CC'ing
> David, who is currently working on it and just recently posted related
> patches, and Valentine who probably oversees the status better than I
> (due to my lacking involvement recently). David, maybe you can briefly
> comment on status and plans of your work.

Hi all,

Most recent work is here
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2015-08/msg02759.html
. Most the code is Qemu device boilerplate(so there are a ton of
things to add but I wanted to have the existing work merged first).
The IOMMU just offers basic translation. From Valentine's previous
comments, I only have a few minor issues to fix in the code.

I obviously do other things alongside :-D this project but given some
time I could get the code merged and continue to add other features.