qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Aspirant for AMD IOMMU emulation project for Outreachy

From: Rita Sinha
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Aspirant for AMD IOMMU emulation project for Outreachy
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2015 10:27:25 +0530

Hi Jan,

Please find my response inline.

> For the Outreachy program, just like for GSoC, we need to find a good
> topic that is sufficiently clear defined on program start and not worked
> on in parallel during the runtime. There are still a number of open
> topics in this area, e.g. around the older Intel IOMMU model (error
> handling and reporting, interrupt remapping), or maybe we find something
> different - depends on your interests and experiences. Do you have any
> public references to your previous work?

Most of my work has been for proprietary code repository and for
making contributions to open source projects is the reason why I am
applying to Outreachy.

I have worked on ACPI, qemu, coreboot, SeaBIOS, u-boot and linux
kernel and would love to work related areas.
Could you list down the open items for the same where I can select the
one which matches my skillset so that I can contribute more
efficiently to  this community.

> Then I'd suggest to schedule an irc meeting to discuss your interests
> and background a bit further and consider available options.

I guess that would be wonderful. Let me know when you are available on the IRC.

Regards,
Rita Sinha