qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS qemu build failure

From: Steve Ellcey
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS qemu build failure
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2015 11:21:24 -0700

Following up to my own email.  Apparently the reason I get this error is
that I am building with "--disable-tools --disable-system".  I don't need
the tools and I don't have pixman on my build system so if I don't use
"--disable-tools --disable-system" I get an error about not having pixman
installed.

When I do use "--disable-tools --disable-system" on the configure line I get:

make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../qom/object.o', needed by `qemu-mips'.
Stop.
make: *** [subdir-mips-linux-user] Error 2
Error: Make command failed, stopping build.

It was pointed out to me that 'configure --help' does not list the
--disable-tools option as a supported option but inside the configure
script I see this code, so it seems --disable-tools is supposed to
be supported.

  if test "$pixman" = "none"; then
    if test "$want_tools" != "no" -o "$softmmu" != "no"; then
      error_exit "pixman disabled but system emulation or tools build" \
          "enabled.  You can turn off pixman only if you also" \
          "disable all system emulation targets and the tools" \
          "build with '--disable-tools --disable-system'."
    fi

Steve Ellcey
address@hidden