qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS qemu build failure

From: Daniel P. Berrange
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MIPS qemu build failure
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 09:24:02 +0100

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 07:38:53PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 17 September 2015 at 19:21, Steve Ellcey <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Following up to my own email.  Apparently the reason I get this error is
> > that I am building with "--disable-tools --disable-system".  I don't need
> > the tools and I don't have pixman on my build system so if I don't use
> > "--disable-tools --disable-system" I get an error about not having pixman
> > installed.
>
> We ship pixman as a git submodule so that you don't have to have
> a system pixman, though the configure options you're using should work.
>
> > When I do use "--disable-tools --disable-system" on the configure line I
> > get:
> >
> > make[1]: *** No rule to make target `../qom/object.o', needed by
> > `qemu-mips'.  Stop.
> > make: *** [subdir-mips-linux-user] Error 2
> > Error: Make command failed, stopping build.
>
> Daniel, this sounds like more fallout from your recent changes?

I've just tried './configure --enable-tools --disable-system && make' and
got a successful build, including the qemu-mips binary, so I wonder if
there's some stale build artifacts, or other configure CLI args

Steve, were there any other flags you passed to configure besides these
two ?  Also can you confirm you tested with a completely clean build
env. ie after  "git clean -f -d -x" to purge all build artifacts.

If you can still reproduce from a completely clean checkout, can you
provide a copy of the full output of running configure, so I can see
if there's any other options that are different from my testing env.

Regards,
Daniel