qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [wiki] New wiki page - vhost-user setup with ovs/dpdk b

From: Marcel Apfelbaum
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [wiki] New wiki page - vhost-user setup with ovs/dpdk backend
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 10:06:32 +0300

On 09/22/2015 08:43 AM, Star Chang wrote:
Thanks Marcel!!!

After tailing the logs and basic troubleshooting, we finally can have 2 VMs to
ping to each other. One dpdkvhostuser interface is for each VM and we have to
new add flows based on dpdkvhostuser ofport
numbers.

Hi,

Good to hear this!
If you think I should add something to the wiki please do tell.

Another issue we might post it to proper mail loop is that we run pktgen-dpdk
2.9.1 inside of VM but no packets counted from pktgen terminal display. It is
so weird that we only see 128 tx packets
bursted out and then nothing is continue working. After that, we try to dump-flows via
ovs-ofctl utility but it shows "connection refued". I am not sure have any one
of you guys ideas here? Thanks!!!

I am sorry but my OVS knowledge is rather limited. I think this is a question
for the OVS mailing list.

Thanks,
Marcel

Bridge "ovsbr0"