qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm system support for big endian BE8

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-system-arm system support for big endian BE8
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 09:17:38 -0700

On Thu, Sep 24, 2015 at 3:48 AM, sridhar kulkarni
<address@hidden> wrote:
> The issue is mostly related to my application under test. When the
> application calls a function the PC is getting set up to a wrong address,
> and then qemu crashes by displaying "floating point exception(core dumped)"
> message.
> I am able to move ahead by resolving the issue.

Was this a QEMU bug or an issue in your program?

But interestingly whenever
> my app crashes it always displays the same "floating point exception"
> message. But I don't see any floating operations at the point code crashes.
> I don't see any dump of the processor registers also. It's always just a one
> line message as I described above.

Ok, are you unable to share the binary or source? Alternatively, can
you strip it down to a super-minimal program that replicates just this
one issue? Pasting us a GDB backtrace of the failure might help as
well.

Regards,
Peter