qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Agenda items for today's MTTCG call
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 10:19:26 +0100

Hi,

It's been a while since we last synced up via phone call so could I add
the following items for discussion:

1. Status of Alvise and Fred's trees
2. Any cross-pollination ideas between Alvise's LL/SC work and Emilio's
series

Emilio's series has a number of interesting features to it, not least
that it works with softmmu and linux-user. However I do prefer the TCG
op based approach of Alvise's tree. Is there any scope for getting the
best of both worlds?

3. Memory barriers

I now have working barrier tests which fail on real hardware when
barriers don't exist. I'll be sending a new series soon. Again Emilio's
tree introduces some barrier TCG ops.

4. Other outstanding work

I've had a couple of people prod me with offers of help so it would be
nice to see what other tasks are currently pending to avoid too much
duplication of work.

Does anyone else have anything then want to bring up?

--
Alex Bennée