qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU affinities

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ARM CPU affinities
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 20:04:10 +0300

 Hello!

> Not worrying about KVM yet, but I think pushing this up to virt
> shouldn’t interfere with that work anyway.

 Actually, IMHO this code is quite universal. My initial idea was to introduce
a global variable instead of ARM_CPUS_PER_CLUSTER definition. By setting this
variable before creating CPU objects you could make whatever layout you want.
But, yes, it always starts from 0. Perhaps you could add another global
variable, like 'offset', in order to cover this.

 But, PM didn't want global variable. Okay, you can add a property and override
this default during machine model creation. And this has nothing to do with
KVM. KVM code is executed after default MPIDR is assigned and overrides IDs
with whatever it gets from the kernel. All you can do with current kernels is
to patch device tree with new IDs.

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia