qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2015 23:00:05 +0100

On 7 October 2015 at 14:05, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> my "make test" patch (which Peter keeps refusing to apply for two
> releases now)

For what it's worth, I am not currently aware of a patch from
you that I am refusing to apply. There's a lot of traffic on
the list, and it's very easy for things to get lost in the flood,
or for me to forget about something we discussed in the past.
If there's something you'd like me to reconsider, please point me
at it. (I do sometimes make bad review decisions, too.)

(This next part is aimed at everybody in this discussion thread;
I'm just putting it here since I happened to be replying to
your email above.)

Due credit for work is an emotive issue, and it can be highly
frustrating when hard work you've put in fails to get through
our sometimes badly dysfunctional review process, or when
you did something you thought was reasonable and somebody
else objected. However could we please try to assume good
faith in this discussion? I don't believe anybody is setting
out to deliberately bully another contributor here, or to
deliberately plagiarise work, or anything like that.
People make mistakes, or forget, or don't know about our
(sometimes unwritten) conventions and process, because we're
all human.

thanks
-- PMM