qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 2015 15:29:00 +0300

 Hello!

> file_ram_alloc() only allocates with temporary files, even when using
> share=true.

 Yes. I wonder, what's the purpose of share=true then.

> We could teach it to use an existing file instead. This is an additional
> feature that could be
> considered after this series, since it's not a regression.

 Yes, i agree, it's not a regression. We'll take a look at it, unfortunately i
cannot propose the fix right now because i'm busy with vGICv3 live migration
task.

 Can i help upstreaming with something else? I wish you all to quickly resolve
your single-line-authorship conflict and get this awesome work in master. If i
have the authority, then...

 Acked-by: Pavel Fedin <address@hidden>

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia