qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series

From: Marc-André Lureau
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/48] ivshmem series
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2015 08:45:35 -0400 (EDT)

Hi

----- Original Message -----
> Hello!
>
> > file_ram_alloc() only allocates with temporary files, even when using
> > share=true.
>
>  Yes. I wonder, what's the purpose of share=true then.

Paolo added it, I am not sure either.

> > We could teach it to use an existing file instead. This is an additional
> > feature that could be
> > considered after this series, since it's not a regression.
>
>  Yes, i agree, it's not a regression. We'll take a look at it, unfortunately
>  i cannot propose the fix right now because i'm busy with vGICv3 live
>  migration task.

Thanks

>  Can i help upstreaming with something else? I wish you all to quickly
>  resolve your single-line-authorship conflict and get this awesome work in
>  master. If i have the authority, then...

Yeah, I wish to solve this quickly. Unfortunately, Andreas didn't reply to my
proposal. Tbh, I am really tempted to just change the copyright lines, resend,
and call it a day (I could even give him authorship after all ;)

>  Acked-by: Pavel Fedin <address@hidden>

Do you want me to ack every commit? I guess it's enought as a overall ack on
the ML.

cheers