qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence

From: Pavel Fedin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live migration sequence
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2015 10:24:18 +0300

 Hello!

> Some thoughts:
>   a) There is a migration state notifier list - see
> add_migration_state_change_notifier (spice
> calls it)
>      - but I don't think it's called in the right places for your needs;  we
>      could add some more places that gets called.

 I am now trying to add one more state, something like
MIGRATION_STATUS_FINISHING. It would mean that CPUs are stopped.
 Can you explain me migration code a bit? Where is iteration loop, and where
are CPUs stopped? I am looking at migration.c but
cannot say that i understand some good portion of it. :)

Kind regards,
Pavel Fedin
Expert Engineer
Samsung Electronics Research center Russia