qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 00/52] Ivshmem patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 00/52] Ivshmem patches
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 16:57:54 +0100

On 16 October 2015 at 12:26, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 32-bit ARM the test-ivshmem program got stuck somehow (it had been running
> for an hour when I killed it). It didn't write anything to the log,
> I'm afraid.

What is happening here is that we are looping infinitely in
mktempshmem() because shm_open() returns -1 with errno ENOSYS,
and there's no code in the loop that stops the loop on anything
except shm_open succeeding, or even prints anything out about
shm_open failing.

I think this is failing for me because my system's chroot doesn't have
/dev/shm mounted. It would be nice if we could at a minimum handle
this reasonably gracefully...

thanks
-- PMM