qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 00/14] qemu-ga patch queue

From: Michael Roth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v4 00/14] qemu-ga patch queue
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2015 10:27:25 -0500

Quoting Peter Maydell (2015-10-20 06:55:19)
> On 20 October 2015 at 10:52, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 20 October 2015 at 00:38, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> qemu-ga patch queue
> >>
> >> * add unit tests for qemu-ga
> >> * add guest-exec support for posix/w32 guests
> >> * added 'qemu-ga' target for w32. this allows us to do full MSI build,
> >>   without overloading 'qemu-ga.exe' target with uneeded dependencies.
> >> * number of s/g_new/g_malloc/ conversions for qga
>
> > Applied, thanks.
>
> ...but it looks like this is causing one of our travis builds
> to fail:
> https://travis-ci.org/qemu/qemu/jobs/86374487
>
> Any suggestions?

I kicked off a travis job to reproduce it with make V=1 check and it
looks like it's the filesystem query that's throwing it off.

TEST: tests/test-qga... (pid=16941)
  /qga/sync-delimited:                                                 OK
  /qga/sync:                                                           OK
  /qga/ping:                                                           OK
  /qga/info:                                                           OK
  /qga/network-get-interfaces:                                         OK
  /qga/get-vcpus:                                                      OK
  /qga/get-fsinfo:                                                     FAIL
GTester: last random seed: R02Sd753608c4f8cbecc864ed92164a9c32d
(pid=16945)
  /qga/get-memory-block-info:                                          OK
  /qga/get-memory-blocks:                                              OK
  /qga/file-ops:                                                       OK
  /qga/get-time:                                                       OK
  /qga/invalid-cmd:                                                    OK
  /qga/fsfreeze-status:                                                OK
  /qga/blacklist:                                                      OK
  /qga/config:                                                         OK
FAIL: tests/test-qga
make: *** [check-tests/test-qga] Error 1

Added some debugging and kicked off another run, should have an
answer/fix soon.