qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Reminder: we're now in softfreeze

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Reminder: we're now in softfreeze
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:30:57 +0100

[Apologies for the huge cc list, which is basically "everybody
I have accepted a pullreq from this release cycle.]

Just a reminder that we're now in softfreeze (ie "no new big
features, start the process of cutting down towards only bugfixes
going into master"). Hardfreeze will be on the 12th November,
in three weeks' time. If submaintainers can aim to get pull
requests in early rather than all on the 12th that would be
nice, otherwise we get a big logjam on rc0 day and your
chances of not getting new-feature code in go up sharply.

For this release I'd like to try tracking known-issues on
the wiki page: http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.5
with a list of patch series or bugs which need to be fixed
into the release. This will hopefully avoid the problem we
had last time around where I missed patches that should have
gone into an rc. The idea is that anybody (patch series author,
bug submitter, submaintainer) can add to the list. Then we
can annotate it with status (rejected as an rc bug, in a
submaintainer tree, applied to master, etc).

thanks
-- PMM