qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] configure claims I requested feature nettle when I didn't..

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] configure claims I requested feature nettle when I didn't...
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:17:10 +0100

address@hidden all]$ ../../configure
ERROR: User requested feature nettle
       configure was not able to find it.
       Install nettle devel

...but as you can see I didn't ask for nettle explicitly at all,
so configure should fall back to disabling it, not exiting with
an error.

configure --disable-gnutls seems to work around this. I think
what is happening is that the logic to check for gnutls is
deciding that gnutls exists and so it can set the feature to
yes, but is failing to fall back to "actually, no" if the
user didn't explicitly require gnutls and gnutls needs nettle
and nettle isn't installed.

thanks
-- PMM