qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] proposal: new qemu-arm mailing list

From: John Snow
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 12:59:35 -0400

On 10/27/2015 07:16 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 27 October 2015 at 11:07, Pavel Fedin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> (Everything should still be cc'd to qemu-devel as well.)
>>
>>  I would drop this requirement, except for stuff which could touch
>> core functionality (qom, qobject).
>
> This is a standard requirement for all our sub-mailing lists --
> not everybody is subscribed to all of them, and it is useful
> to be able to get an overview of everything going on by
> subscribing to a single mailing list.
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Just to jump on and bead a dead horse, I am not OK with the idea of a
mailing list where patches might get reviewed and staged for pull
without the general population of qemu-devel being able to look first.

I don't want to have to scan the [PULL] tag hoping to catch things of
interest to me that were reviewed on opaque-to-me sub-mailing lists.

--js