qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu: Guest Linux hangs on Mac OS X 10.11

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Qemu: Guest Linux hangs on Mac OS X 10.11
Date: Sun, 8 Nov 2015 22:55:03 +0000

On 18 October 2015 at 21:37, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Sometimes it does manage to unwedge itself. Paolo, do you have
> any suggestions for how to debug this kind of issue?

So the good news is that on mainline this doesn't happen any more.
The bad news is that something weird is going on such that git
bisect doesn't give helpful answers. Specifically if I start by
compiling older versions and work forwards, then
 0fd7e09 kvmclock: add a new function to update env->tsc.
shows the bug, and
 6388acc Revert "Introduce cpu_clean_all_dirty"
does not. (And I've got to that commit both via a git-bisect
and by a second round of manually trying to identify the commit,
so it's consistent about where it changes behaviour.)
However that makes no sense because that revert commit
is just removing unused code. And then if I go backwards again
to 0fd7e09 the bug doesn't repro there.

thanks
-- PMM