qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribute to abstracting device address allocation

From: Peter Crosthwaite
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Contribute to abstracting device address allocation
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 09:19:43 -0800

On Tue, Nov 10, 2015 at 6:10 AM, priyanshu jain
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am undergraduate computer science student in india .I am new to opensource
> and i want to contribute to project abstracting device address allocation in
> QEMU . I have good knowledge of c . please suggest me how i contribute to
> this.

Interesting topic. Can you tell us the scope and motiviation of your project?

There is a lot of address allocation in QEMU ranging from PCI devices
through to the embedded platforms which have a mix of fixed (for real
SoCs / boards) and flexible (for virt-only / hotplug capable) static
sysbus address allocations. Other minor features like I2C and the AUX
bus also have an address allocation scheme.

Regards,
Peter