qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 0/7] Block patches

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL v2 0/7] Block patches
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:12:09 +0000

On 11 November 2015 at 20:59, Marc-André Lureau
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Peter
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 9:33 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:

>>> address@hidden:~/qemu/build/all-a64$ time
>>> QTEST_QEMU_BINARY=i386-softmmu/qemu-system-i386
>>> QTEST_QEMU_IMG=qemu-img MALLOC_PERTURB_=${MALLOC_PERTURB_:-$((RANDOM %
>>> 255 + 1))} gtester -k --verbose -m=quick tests/ivshmem-test
>>> TEST: tests/ivshmem-test... (pid=10893)
>>>   /i386/ivshmem/single:                                                OK
>>>   /i386/ivshmem/pair:                                                  OK
>>>   /i386/ivshmem/server:                                                OK
>>>   /i386/ivshmem/hotplug:                                               OK
>>>   /i386/ivshmem/memdev:                                                OK
>>> PASS: tests/ivshmem-test
>>>
>>> real    0m11.945s
>>> user    0m11.020s
>>> sys     0m0.310s
>>>
>>> (almost all of the runtime seems to be in the "pair" subtest).
>>
>> This is now failing on practically every pull request I test.
>> Please post a patch to fix this test or disable it...
>
> This is the simplest patch I suggest for now.

That will still mean that trying the slow tests gives random
failures, so this still needs attention (ie raising the timeouts
to something that won't actually be hit), but I guess it will
solve my immediate problem. Can you send it to the list as
a proper patch, please?

thanks
-- PMM