qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] i2c-tiny-usb noob question

From: Tim Sander
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] i2c-tiny-usb noob question
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 15:54 +0100

Hi Paolo

Am Dienstag, 17. November 2015, 15:12:29 schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
> On 17/11/2015 14:45, Tim Sander wrote:
> > I just gave it a try and now i have a device which is detected by linux
> > and
> > allows simple reads (without i2c backend though). But unfortunatly i am
> > currently stuck as i don't know how the address is transmitted to the
> > device?
> Do you mean how it is transmitted to the i2c-tiny-usb device by the
> driver?  The only way to find out is to read a datasheet or the driver
> code.  Or do you mean something else?
Just after hitting send of my previous mail i found out that i overlooked
"index", which is the argument used in this case to transmit the address.

So the next step would be to use this value and do accesses to any i2c devices
associated: any pointers where s.th. like this has been done?

Best regards
Tim