qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 07/15] q35: Check propery to determine if iommu i

From: Bandan Das
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 07/15] q35: Check propery to determine if iommu is set
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 13:22:26 -0500

Hi Marcel,

Marcel Apfelbaum <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe is too late, but this contradicts QEMU usage, as I understand
Why late ? We can always revert it :)

> object_property_get_* should be used when we don't know object's type.
My understanding is that it's not mandatory to use it only when type
is unknown. Ofcourse, it makes it redundant when you do know the type.

I tend to follow convention, I noticed another call to qdev_get_machine,
and so opted for this. I am actually ok either way and don't prefer one way
over the other.