qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] keycode error

From: hjenkins
Subject: [Qemu-devel] keycode error
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 08:50:58 -0800

Dear QEMU Developers,

I'm trying to use QEMU to run Debian on OS X Yosemite on a MacBookPro
(13-inch). I followed the instructions at https://wiki.debian.org/QEMU,
downloaded a standard prefab iso, and issued these commands with this
result:

qemu-img create debian.img 2G
qemu-system-x86_64  -hda debian.img -cdrom
debian-live-8.2.0-i386-lxde-desktop.iso -boot d -m 256

(process:3027): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
        Using the fallback 'C' locale.
unknown keycodes `empty_aliases(qwerty)', please report to
address@hidden

Apart from that error, the Debian install screen appeared, but I could not
select anything, nor move my mouse over the top or bottom of the screen
(it jumped away from the edge if I tried).

I have no idea what might be wrong, but I have reported it as instructed
and will happily give you more information if you need it.

I installed QEMU via Fink, and can give you a step-by-step list of every
command etc. I ran to do so. I'm in Germany and using a UK keyboard and
mapping.

Regards,
Hazel