qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking documentation for a Mac OS X guest

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Networking documentation for a Mac OS X guest
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:36:38 +0000

On 04/12/15 00:02, Peter Maydell wrote:

> On 3 December 2015 at 23:24, Programmingkid <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I would like to make a little tutorial on how to make networking
>> work for a Mac OS X guest. Where would you suggest I put such
>> documentation? The qemu-doc file is what I was thinking about using.
>
> Hmm. I think for "doing stuff for a particular guest" type tutorials
> we've got a few links and pages on the wiki; perhaps an entry in
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Manual under "for users that target for a specific
> platform" for OSX guests in general? Then you could have a page giving
> suggestions for the command line in general as well as networking
> in particular. (The existing links in that subsection are all
> external but there's no reason we couldn't have an internal-to-the-wiki
> link there too.)

Is it worth setting up per-arch homepages on the wiki? This is something
I've thought about recently since most of the information out on the
internet regarding QEMU's ability to run various systems is badly out of
date with regard to SPARC/PPC. Even better if they could go in the left
hand list with easy to remember URLs like /SPARC, /PPC, /ARM etc...

ATB,

Mark.