qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img: Could not open '....qcow2': Could not read sn

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu-img: Could not open '....qcow2': Could not read snapshots: File too large
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2015 14:24:55 +0100

Am 07.12.2015 um 10:07 hat Kis Gellert geschrieben:
> Today one of my virtual machines failed starting.
> Previously , I might made a snapshot while VM running.

Never access disk images from more than one process at the same time
(except if all of them are read-only), it causes corruption. The proper
way of taking a snapshot of a running VM is the qemu monitor (i.e. in
your case through libvirt).

Your best bet for recovering at least some data is using either a
hex editor or tests/qemu-iotests/qcow2.py from the qemu source tree to
update the number of snapshots to 0 and then use qemu-img convert to
copy the data out.

Kevin