qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How does TCG gen host code for a TB?

From: Sergey Fedorov
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How does TCG gen host code for a TB?
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 17:20:17 +0300

On 11.12.2015 06:43, Valerón JC wrote:
> I want to trace a bug in tcg, which for me, at some point, generate
> infinite loop TB chains, that's unexpected. and I've found the final
> TB(head, since they're chaining) which run in an infinite loop, and I
> know a very weird trick to 'disable' this bug, so I would like to
> track the tcg-ops for the TB, hope that I can figure what's wrong.

Hi,

You may find it useful to enable logging of TCG ops generated with '-d
op', as well as input and output assembly with '-d in_asm,out_asm'. '-D
<filename>' could be useful to output log to a file. Here are references
to documentation: http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#index-_002dd and
http://qemu.weilnetz.de/qemu-doc.html#index-_002dD.

Best,
Sergey