qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v6 00/14] Slow-path for atomic instruction transla

From: Andreas Tobler
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC v6 00/14] Slow-path for atomic instruction translation
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:09:57 +0100

Alvise,

On 14.12.15 09:41, Alvise Rigo wrote:
This is the sixth iteration of the patch series which applies to the
upstream branch of QEMU (v2.5.0-rc3).

Changes versus previous versions are at the bottom of this cover letter.

The code is also available at following repository:
https://git.virtualopensystems.com/dev/qemu-mt.git
branch:
slowpath-for-atomic-v6-no-mttcg

Thank you very much for this work. I tried to rebase myself, but it was over my head.

I'm looking for a qemu solution where I can use my cores.

My use case is doing gcc porting for aarch64-*-freebsd*. I think it doesn't matter which OS. This arch has not enough real affordable HW solutions on the market yet. So I was looking for your solution. Claudio gave me a hint about it.

Your recent merge/rebase only covers arm itself, not aarch64, right?

Linking fails with unreferenced cpu_exclusive_addr stuff in target-arm/translate-a64.c

Are you working on this already? Or Claudio?

This work has been sponsored by Huawei Technologies Duesseldorf GmbH.

Thank you!
Andreas