qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] x-input-send-event marked as experimental

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] x-input-send-event marked as experimental
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 11:39:52 +0100

  Hi,

> Where "the latter" refers to "IIRC the question was [whether] we'll
> leave it as-is (console=<index>), or [whether] we'll do something like
> display=<id>,head=<nr> instead."  Oh joy, third addressing scheme.

No, that isn't a third, that is what the command line actually uses, and
'<id>' is the qdev id of the display device (i.e. vga).

'head=<nr>' is not needed in most cases, only in case a display device
supports multiple scanouts (aka monitors) and the guest is configured to
actually use that.  And even then only for tablet devices (aka absolute
pointer coordinates).

I'll go give this a try ...

cheers,
  Gerd