qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG sync-up call today?

From: Alex Bennée
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] MTTCG sync-up call today?
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:11:43 +0000

KONRAD Frederic <address@hidden> writes:

> Le 04/01/2016 12:43, Alex Bennée a écrit :
>> Hi,
>>
>> Firstly Happy New Year, I hope everyone is refreshed and rested after
>> the holiday season ;-)
>>
>> My calender has reminded me there is a potential call today. Is it worth
>> having or will the status be pretty much as we left it last year thanks
>> to holidays?
>>
>> For my part I started going through Alvise's patch series last year
>> before the holiday started. After I've spun up back to speed today I
>> intend to finish that review.
>>
>> The current blocker on progress is the re-spin/re-base of Fred's patches
>> I think. I had a bit of a look last year and I think we identified at
>> least one major problem with the exit_request stuff which Paolo reminded
>> me had been mentioned before.
>>
>> Fred if you are struggling to find time I can pick up the current WIP
>> branch and see if I can get it into shape for submission?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> --
>> Alex Bennée
>
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for the late answer, I find some time to take a look at it.
>
> Seems you were right I fixed the exit issue and it seems it was one of
> the problem.
> I think we must double check how we use cpu->exit_request as Paolo
> removed SIG_IPI to exit the CPU.
>
> I found one additional issue and it seems booting well right now.

The other thing that needs cleaning up is the tcg_current_cpu and
current_cpu. I suspect the former should go and the restrictions on the
later be loosend so the TLS current_cpu is available to deferred tasks.

The thing I'm currently looking at is what happens when something like a
virtio completes in a non-CPU thread.

--
Alex Bennée