qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [FreeBSD] Build Failure, qemu-char.c

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [FreeBSD] Build Failure, qemu-char.c
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 16:47:51 +0000

On 22 January 2016 at 16:39, Sean Bruno <address@hidden> wrote:

> Started seeing a build failure after the updates to qemu-char.c

Ccing Dan whose commit that is...

> I think clang is not doing something that gcc does implicitly?
>
> qemu-char.c:1843:26: error: use of undeclared identifier 'common'
>     chr = qemu_chr_alloc(common, errp);
>                          ^

This one is just straightforwardly BSD-only code that
hasn't been compile-tested.

> qemu-char.c:4265:36: warning: incompatible pointer types passing
> 'ChardevCommon *' (aka 'struct ChardevCommon *') to parameter of type
> 'ChardevBackend *' (aka 'struct ChardevBackend *')
> [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
>     return qemu_chr_open_pp_fd(fd, common, errp);
>                                    ^~~~~~
> qemu-char.c:1838:61: note: passing argument to parameter 'backend' here
>                                             ChardevBackend *backend,

This one looks like it ought to build on Linux so you're probably
right about it being a clang-only thing. (We do build with clang
on OSX but I think there the CHARDEV_PARPORT code is not compiled in.)

thanks
-- PMM