qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Call for mentors and project ideas for Google

From: Michal Privoznik
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [libvirt] Call for mentors and project ideas for Google Summer of Code 2016
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 11:13:16 +0100

On 25.01.2016 18:28, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> The QEMU wiki page for Google Summer of Code 2016 is now available here:
>
> http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016
>
> QEMU will apply for Google Summer of Code 2016 (https://g.co/gsoc/).
> If QEMU is accepted there will be funding for students to work on
> 12-week full-time open source projects remotely from May to August
> 2016.  QEMU provides a mentor for each student who gives advice and
> evaluates their progress.
>
> If you have a project idea, especially if you are a regular
> contributor to QEMU and are willing to mentor this summer, please go
> to this wiki page and fill out the project idea template:
>
> http://qemu-project.org/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016
>
> The project ideas list is part of the application so that QEMU can
> participate in GSoC.  It's useful to have your project ideas on the
> wiki by February 8th 2016.
>
> If you have any questions about project ideas or QEMU applying to
> GSoC, please reply to this thread.

Hey Stefan,

so as we spoke earlier in person, I think it's time for libvirt to try
and apply as a separate organization.

I went ahead and created similar GSoC ideas page for libvirt:

http://wiki.libvirt.org/page/Google_Summer_of_Code_2016

My question is, is qemu willing to back libvirt in case we don't get
selected and if so, should we duplicate the idea list into qemu wiki too?

Michal